Req ID :
Job Code/Title :
E1354:Operations Analyst Stf
Job Description :
Lockheed Martin Advanced Development Program
Lockheed Martin is looking for world-class talent to join our historic Skunk Works Operations Analysis team in Palmdale, CA. We are seeking a candidate who thinks strategically and creatively with proven analytical and engineering problem-solving skills; is passionate about working on cutting-edge design concepts and comfortable with ambiguity; and thrives in a high-performing team environment. The desired candidate must have subject matter expertise in radar and electronic warfare (EW) systems; with experience in infrared or electro-optics systems a plus.
As a member of the Operations Analysis organization, the candidate will be responsible for researching, modeling, and analyzing weapon system technologies, operations and employment in order to quantify the impact of advanced technologies on survivability and lethality of air vehicle systems operating in a system of systems environment. The candidate will be expected to apply engineering and mathematical techniques to model advanced sensor, EW, and weapon technologies in simulations at varying levels of fidelity; with focus on the RF and EO/IR domains. The candidate will be responsible for modeling and analyzing sensor and weapon system performance and operations; defining and quantifying Measures-of-Effectiveness (MOEs), analyzing simulation results to draw meaningful conclusions, preparing reports/briefings and presenting analysis results.
As a member of a high-performing multi-site team, the selected applicant must be self-motivated with the proven ability to work in a dynamic, multi-disciplinary team environment. The successful candidate must demonstrate effective communication skills as the position will require frequent interactions and collaboration with leadership, project leads, other team members, engineers in other disciplines, and customers. The ability to travel on occasion is required.
Applicant must be a US Citizen, as position is located at a facility that requires special access. Selected Applicant must have a Top Secret Clearance.
• Bachelor or above Technical degree in engineering, mathematics, or physics
• Experience with radar and electronic warfare
• Technical knowledge of surface-to-air, air-to-air, and/or air-to-surface radar systems
• Technical knowledge of electronic warfare systems, techniques, and effects
• Technical knowledge of ECCM/EP techniques and effects
• Technical knowledge of EO/IR systems
• Expertise using EWIR and Common Emitter Databases
• Experience applying engineering principles and mathematical concepts to develop algorithms to model sensors or weapons
• Experience representing radar, EO/IR, and/or jammer systems and their interactions in engineering level models
• Experience translating engineering level results to mission level effects
• Scripting or programming experience; MATLAB, Perl, Python, FORTRAN, C, C++, Java
• Proficiency in data analytics, test data analysis, or statistical analysis
• Good written and verbal communication skills
• Demonstrated skill to develop and deliver effective presentations
• Linux experience
• Military operations analysis experience; applying Suppressor, AFSIM, EADSIM, ESAMS, BRAWLER
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Job Location(s): Palmdale California
Security Clearance :
Business Unit :
ESS0343 AERONAUTICS COMPANY
Job Class :
Systems Engineering: Other
Job Category :
Relocation Available :
Work Schedule :
FLEX9x80A-Friday off in 2nd week w/flex hrs/day
Req Type :
Additional Posting Locations :