Req ID :
Job Code/Title :
E1454:Aeronautical Engineer Stf
Job Description :
Propulsion Integration Engineer Staff
Lockheed Martin Advanced Development Programs
The Lockheed Martin Skunk Works® is in search of world class talent to carry on our 75 year tradition of developing game-changing aircraft systems. We are looking for a strong candidate to join a dedicated team as a Staff Propulsion Engineer. This position is responsible for propulsion integration, configuration design, wind tunnel test and analysis, computational fluid dynamics, and subcontract management coordination for an advanced development program. Experience developing and performing trade study analyses in conjunction with a conceptual design team is expected. Demonstrated leadership experience managing subcontracts is preferred. Ability to write propulsion specifications and statements of work to assist and select suppliers is preferred. Experience designing advanced air-vehicle engine inlets is preferred. Position based in Palmdale, CA and some travel will be required.
- Must be a US Citizen as this position is located at a facility that requires special access.
-Selected applicant does not require a security clearance to start, but will be required to obtain a secret clearance after starting.
- Bachelor degree (or higher) in an engineering discipline
- Experience with air-vehicle, air-breathing propulsion integration
- Air vehicle inlet design experience is preferred.
- Computational Fluid Dynamics experience, including mesh generation, CFD solution, and post processing analysis is preferred.
- Experience with supersonic vehicle design is preferred.
- Experience with wind tunnel testing is preferred.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills are preferred.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s team of 113,000 people works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in all 50 states and more than 570 facilities that span 70 countries.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Job Location(s): Palmdale California
Security Clearance :
Business Unit :
ESS0343 AERONAUTICS COMPANY
Job Class :
Job Category :
Relocation Available :
Work Schedule :
FLEX9x80A-Friday off in 2nd week w/flex hrs/day
Req Type :
Additional Posting Locations :