Lockheed Martin is seeking to hire an RF engineering professional who is a subject matter expert at our campus in Chelmsford, Massachusetts. We offer an excellent working environment with a mix of cutting edge design and genuine hands on electronics laboratory testing and product development. This exciting role will offer the opportunity to work with our top industry leading RF and microwave design professionals. This RF engineering role is ideally suited for an RF pro who is a huge microwave design enthusiast.
The RF / microwave engineering subject matter expert will support the development of complex multi-function modules used in challenging high reliability applications. The engineer will be responsible for architecting and designing circuits, modules, and sub-systems from initial concept through prototyping and full rate production. The engineer will be responsible for analysis and troubleshooting of circuits for advanced electronic modules including amplifiers, mixers, switches, frequency generation circuits and frequency conversion circuits at all phases of the product life cycle.
The engineer will work on unusually complex technical problems and provide solutions which are highly innovative and ingenious. The engineer will act independently to uncover and resolve issues associated with the development and implementation of operational products. The engineer will plan research & development programs and recommend technologies to accomplish long-range objectives. The engineer will design and develop highly advanced new applications resulting in new products / business opportunities. The engineer will exhibit an exceptional degree of ingenuity, creativity, and resourcefulness and is viewed as an expert within the field. The engineer will develop information which extends knowledge in a given field and may form the basis of newly developed concepts and products.
The engineer will have an opportunity to lead technical teams and mentor less experienced engineers on our team. The engineer will contribute to or author proposals and may participate on business capture efforts. The engineer will collaborate with other engineering disciplines to include hardware engineers, systems engineers, and circuit design engineers as well as technicians and manufacturing support personnel. The engineer will attend industry conferences and will keep up-to-date on related industry best practices.
We offer a continuous learning environment with strong career growth and advancement opportunities.
Applicants selected will be subject to government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Relocation: Relocation assistance is possible for this exciting position.
The Locale: Chelmsford is a charming suburb of Boston located about 25 miles northwest of that city. Chelmsford is very close to historic Lowell Massachusetts and to Nashua, New Hampshire. Chelmsford is within reach of New Hampshire’s White Mountains and awesome ski areas to the north, and the scenic coastal towns of MA and NH are about an hour east. This scenic colonial region offers lots of New England charm, great schools, shopping, and restaurants. Chelmsford and the region share an impressive past from the early days after the pilgrims arrived in Plymouth to the revolutionary war. Where can you get to from Chelmsford? Chelmsford is about 90 minutes from Cape Cod. Boston is about 30 minutes to the east without traffic. New York City is about 4.5 hours away from Chelmsford. Waterville Valley and other major ski resorts of New Hampshire and Vermont are about 2 to 3 hours to the north.
It should be noted that Chelmsford, Massachusetts is approximately 35 miles northwest of the Boston metropolitan area and offers better access to a wide range of substantially more affordable regions in the area to live. Those regions include Northeastern and North Central Massachusetts, and Southern, New Hampshire.
• Basic Qualifications for this position will include a BS degree in electrical engineering or closely related technical field and 9+ years of professional level experience.
• A demonstrated record of successful RF/microwave design is required.
• A demonstrated ability to troubleshoot designs and resolve integration issues is required.
• Expertise with the use microwave test equipment and with microwave circuit simulation tools is required.
• Expertise with technical documentation such as specifications, schematic diagrams and test data is required.
• Experience leading successful technical projects is required.
• Experience with organizing and conducting technical trade studies is required.
• Experience as the principal author of technical proposals is required.
• Experience as a reviewer of designs as a Subject Matter Expert is required.
• Strong organization skills are required.
• Excellent communication and presentation skills are required.
• Candidate must be eligible to obtain a secret clearance and have at least an interim secret security clearance prior to start.
• A MS or Ph.D. in electrical engineering may be desirable.
• Design experience with microwave products operating 20 GHz to 100GHz is desired.
• Expertise with 3D electromagnetic simulation tools is desired.
• Expertise with microelectronics assembly techniques is desired
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Job Location(s): Chelmsford Massachusetts