Req ID :
Job Code/Title :
E1455:Aeronautical Engineer Sr Stf
Job Description :
Aerodynamics Engineer Lead
Lockheed Martin Advanced Development Programs
The Lockheed Martin Skunk Works® is in search of world class talent to carry on the 74 year tradition developing game-changing aircraft systems. We are looking for a strong candidate to join a dedicated team as a Senior Staff Aerodynamics Engineer (E5). This position is responsible for overseeing aerodynamic design, test and analysis, computational fluid dynamics, aerodynamic performance, stability and control and wind tunnel testing for an advanced development program. Experience developing and performing trade study analyses in conjunction with a conceptual design team is desired. Demonstrated leadership experience planning and executing wind tunnel testing to verify vehicle design performance is desired. Ability to write aerodynamics specifications and wind tunnel model and test statements of work to assist and select suppliers is desired. Computational fluid dynamics (CFD) experience is desired. Flight test experience is desired. Applicant must be able to obtain a secret security clearance.
Must be a US Citizen as this position is located at a facility that requires special access.
- Bachelor Degree or Higher in an Engineering Discipline
- Technical background in aerodynamic analysis
- Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) experience preferred, including mesh generation, CFD solution, and post processing analysis.
- Wind tunnel testing experience, and data reduction experience is preferred.
- Experience with wind tunnel model supplier coordination is preferred.
- Experience with wind tunnel test facility coordination is preferred.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills is preferred.
- Experience with team leadership is preferred.
- Experience with flight test is preferred.
- Must have the ability to obtain a Secret SAR clearance and program access
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s team of 113,000 people works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in all 50 states and more than 570 facilities that span 70 countries.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Job Location(s): Palmdale California
Security Clearance :
Business Unit :
ESS0343 AERONAUTICS COMPANY
Job Class :
Job Category :
Relocation Available :
Work Schedule :
FLEX9x80A-Friday off in 2nd week w/flex hrs/day
Req Type :
Additional Posting Locations :