Space is not a place to go – space is a place to do! Going to space is just the beginning. It’s what you do when you get there that matters. Because space is a place to do big, important, epic things that connect people around the world, advance the frontiers of science, and help militaries protect what matters most. Lockheed Martin builds the technology that gets things done in space. Exploring the solar system. Predicting the weather. Delivering precise GPS. Detecting and defeating missile launches. At Lockheed Martin, we don’t just think big thoughts. We get things done.
As a Systems Engineer at Lockheed Martin, you’ll have an opportunity to create a better world every day – from integrating threat information and analyzing complex data to monitoring climate change, securing the nation’s borders and protecting critical infrastructure. For most Americans, these challenges belong merely to headlines and tweets. But our systems engineers routinely work on a broad range of programs and projects, each geared to important human needs. Whatever your assignment, you’ll use your education and experience to take on formidable challenges. Meanwhile, you can rely on the resources of a global technology leader to back the kind of innovation that has characterized our historic breakthroughs.
In this role, the candidate will be responsible for work in all Systems Engineering phases to include requirements definition, allocation, maintenance, and verification/ validation. In addition, the candidate will support major program reviews including SRR, PDR/CDR, and Pre-Ship Readiness Reviews (PSRR). The candidate will support the target requirements verification process to include development of Verification and Test Plans. The candidate will participate in Specification and Interface Control Document development. The candidate will also support target system analyses in support of mission planning and execution. The candidate may support missions at various Missile Defense Agency ranges. Some travel will be required.
So create a better world while you build your future. Become a Lockheed Martin systems engineer. You are meant to benefit humanity.
- Bachelors or Masters degree in an Engineering program from an accredited college/university.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office.
- Experience in systems engineering processes including one or more of the following: 1) requirements identification, decomposition and allocation, 2) interface control document and specification development and management, 3) requirements implementation and verification assessment, 4) system-level compatibility assessments (electrical and/or mechanical) and other system-level integration analyses.
- DoD Secret level clearance or interim clearance required prior to start.
- Customer interface experience
- Prior support to major design reviews, target/missile system engineering.
- Proficiency with DOORS, MatLab, and/or other design and/or analysis tools.
- Familiarity with electrical design, testing, and troubleshooting.
- 2-5 years of related experience
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Job Location(s): Huntsville Alabama